A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a leading company in the Cwmbran area to join their team as a Materials and Scheduler.
Salary will be £25,000 to £28,000
Hours of work - 8-5 Monday to Thursday and a 2pm finish on a Friday.
As a key member of the supply chain team, the successful candidate will manage the planning and effective MRP execution on our intercompany plants. The candidate will be responsible for ordering materials, scheduling said materials, inventory profiling, material accuracy, inventory value reporting, Customer OTTR, Supplier OTD, and the coordination of inbound freight management, in line with (dynamic) business objectives
- Conduct the daily execution of MRP, Material Requirements Planning
- Provide weekly shipping plans to our Intercompany facilities to ensure we meet Make to Order & Make to Stock build requirements
- Inventory management – Analyse data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels and reduce total cost through regular use of inventory modelling tools
- Premium Freight Management - Calculate cost of the premium freight required to air-freight goods from shipment plan. Raise pre-authorisation requests for air freight as appropriate. Track costs and analyse data to identify actions to drive out “cost of non-conformance". Work with the freight category manager to improve / reduce oversea transit times
- Work with SIOP coordinator & PLM’s to ensure product introductions & product run-outs are effectively managed, minimising material exposure
- Review E&O on a bi-weekly basis and devise & deploy appropriate action plans in a timely manner
- Contribution to ‘lean’/Continuous Improvement process initiatives to drive & improve process efficiencies
- Support the Supply Chain Management team and Plant Manager with initiatives in support of the business objectives as relevant
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Processes (including: ERP, MRP, MPS, scheduling agreements, consignment programs)
- SAP Knowledge (experience desirable)
- Strong analytical & execution skills, with a propensity for detail orientation, in terms of work-style preferences
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques is essential, with practical, demonstrable, application being highly advantageous
- Able to operate in a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines, when requirements are dynamic, and the need to prioritise effectively is paramount
- With some need for travel, a full UK relevant driving licence is required
If this role sounds like you then please apply and give us a call on (phone number removed).