A fantastic opportunity has arisen with one of our clients for a Quality Engineer to join an expanding team within the Blackwood area.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding and Market leading company with fantastic benefits and a brilliant working environment.
As the Quality Engineer, you will be utilising available data to identify opportunities to improve our processes and reduce the opportunity for costs resulting from poor quality. Within our facility on stream you will be required to champion new measurement and validation tools and to ensure that the business is fully aware of the voice of the customer. You will produce and maintain appropriate and comprehensive quality process specifications, and will contribute to the development and continual review of PFMEA. You will be required to validate new products; completing product dimensional and appearance approvals for new product/processes. Day to day you will be responsible for investigating and supporting the Customer Services team with queries and driving problem resolution activities to continually improve the business’ ability to delight our customers.
- Ensure that there are clear and unambiguous standards available in the place of work that provide clarity on what is critical to maintaining regulatory adherence, customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- Communicate the performance at the ‘Customer’ to the Operations team in regular team briefs with Section Heads
- Continual and sustained reduction of risk in the business, developing processes by implementing corrective and preventive actions and support improvement activities by utilising quality toolbox – IS/IS NOT, correlation, SPC, Ishikawa, 5 why, Taguchi etc.
- Confirm supplier new product / revised product approval submissions (PPAP) against technical specifications, and update quality processes in line with the risk associated with changes.
- Determine test methods and frequencies to ensure that products and materials are adhering to specified criteria based upon risk.
- Manage any nonconforming material in line with the requirements of the business, ensuring that issues are communicated, recorded, segregated and expedited efficiently.
- Supporting internal systems and process audit programme.
You must be highly computer literate – SAP beneficial, MS Office applications essential.
You must have a passion for problem resolution, see the need to continually improve and be able to demonstrate how your personal efforts have had a positive impact on a problem within a high volume manufacturing business in the supply of functional or cosmetic parts
You should have at least five years of experience within a manufacturing quality environment.
You must have ISO9001:2015 internal/external audit experience.
You shall be self-motivated and self-disciplined, you will have the ability to work unsupervised, and equally as well as part of a team. You will have excellent organisation and coaching skills, and as such you must be an excellent communicator at all levels with good influencing / negotiation skills. You will be results motivated and will require a professional approach, when dealing with internal, corporate, and regulatory or supplier representatives.
If this role sounds like you then please call us today on (phone number removed)