My client in the Llantrisant area are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Buyer for a growing team within the Manufacturing sector.
Duties will include:
- Material productivity; margin expansion and material savings accomplished through PPV and VE.
- Inflation; mitigation and control.
- Low Cost Country Sourcing.
- Supplier Quality.
- Project management for NPI effectiveness and product transfers. (Sourcing or Project Lead role).
- Innovation for material productivity and continuous improvement.
- Collaboration; specifically but not limited to Engineering and R&D.
- Supplier Contracts; Long Term Agreements and other supplier contracts.
- Ensure through successful delivery of responsibilities that Llantrisant is a site of choice for new business and product transfers.
- Successfully deliver NPI’s through APQP project management and hence ensuring successful new product introductions into the Llantrisant site.
- Project lead role or sourcing lead role for NPI’s or product transfers as appropriate.
- Supplier selection for new technologies, material productivity and supporting a sustainable supply chain not only for Llantrisant site but one that can also support PKI globally.
- Mitigating and controlling inflation.
- Bench marking of existing supplier price performance against potential new suppliers in the market through comparative analysis. Incorporating lower cost markets (LCC), Eastern Europe, Asia and ROW for potential supply.
- With existing, preferred suppliers securing best price through supplier negotiations and collaboration to include value engineering, other opportunities including bench marking to prove competitive advantage.
- Contract Negotiations and contract formalisation to secure Long Term Agreements.
- PPV and VE reporting and analysis on a monthly basis, actual to forecast to target.
- Producing with team the department’s monthly performance review.
- Project management of sourcing projects, successfully manage supplier transition using APQP.
- Vendor Rationalisation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Positive attitude.
- Customer 1st – no customer impact, improving customer’s experience.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, drive and execute change, be entrepreneurial.
- Innovation: be innovative with; supplier quality, material productivity, NPI effectiveness, LCC sourcing and project management.
- Results focused and action orientated.
- Energy and drive.
- Teamwork, promote a positive, energised and supportive team. Contribute to creating and maintaining an environment of support, cooperation and collaboration
- Analytic, investigate and diagnose, question and challenge.
- Take initiative and provide solutions.
- Communication Skills. Demonstrates strong communication skills with the ability to negotiate effectively. Exceptional ability to communicate and present information, opinions, observations and conclusions.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility. Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness. Works well in an environment without direct supervision. Self-managed and self-motivated. Seeks opportunities to expand responsibilities. Demonstrates flexibility to support business needs in a balanced, win/win environment.
- Learning Orientation. Demonstrates willingness and ability to learn. Be willing to consider different viewpoints and try new approaches that are aligned with the dynamics of the company.
- Managing multiple priorities. Be able to set and manage priorities and critical responsibilities.
Knowledge & Expertise – with a proven track record.
- More than 3 year's experience in a similar role.
- Skilled in project management and utilising tools to drive performance and deliver projects successfully.
- Past experience of product transfers and NPI’s.
- Preferably CIPS qualified.
- Skilled in generating savings and margin expansion.
- Experienced and skilled in supplier sourcing.
- Decision Making / Problem Solving. Has the ability to collate information, analyse and make decisions based on experience and commercial judgement. Past experience/responsibility for making decisions that has a significant impact on an organisation’s operational and financial performance.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading company offering great benefits and opportunities.