My client in the South Wales Valleys are looking for a Tool Maker or Tooling Engineer to join and expanding Engineering team.
The successful candidate will join a team of tooling engineers working on the development of tooling to meet customer, product and process requirements. The successful candidate will possess the desire to undergo the relevant training to develop their career in order to progress to the role of Tooling Engineer where they will actively represent the company at customer and supplier sites. Future UK, European and Far East travel on behalf of the company will be an element of the role.
You will possess the following:
- Time served Toolmaking Apprenticeship
- Approximately 5 years’ experience working with mould and press tools (the role will require a mould bias).
- Comprehensive knowledge of injection mould tooling.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Experience within the automotive industry would be advantageous but not essential.
Future Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to understand and implement best practice manufacturing methods for Press, Mould, CNC and Assembly processes (i.e. heat staking).
- Have the ability to develop and use data driven analysis to resolve product / process development and tooling concerns. Review feasibility of customer RFQ’s and assist with costing of tooling and process
- To interpret press / mould simulation to implement the best practice tooling solution and material utilisation
- To develop manufacturing processes and project manage tool maker to ensure they
- deliver quality approved parts (dimensionally and aesthetically) to project
- Create and present product, process methodology and concern solutions to customer
- (Presentation skills to all levels of OEM)
- Ensure that all tooling and process implemented are compliant with all relevant legal requirements and H&S legislation/ requirements.
- Ability to interpret the feasibility of new enquiries.
- Able to read and review all CAD Models/ Technical Drawings
- Act as a company representative with customers, developing presentations to be
- delivered to the customer and a point of contact for customers.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders on the effective implementation of processes and tooling into manufacturing.
- Function Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective communication skills.
- Clearly understand Quality Standards and specifications.
Time served fully indentured apprenticeship in tool making (preferably mould tool